Brunch with friends and family is my favorite way to catch up and celebrate. But there are such limited foods that can be pre-prepped before guests arrive. Who wants to be stuck baking or cooking in the kitchen when you should be entertaining? I found the perfect enchilada brunch recipe that is prepared the night before. And it’s so easy and simple!
I’ve tried this recipe twice now and each time I’ve brought the dish over to a friend’s house and put into their oven which means this dish travels well. Each time I’ve made this recipe, it was absolutely delightful. I’m always sure to bring any leftovers home to my family which made great leftovers.
Remember: These must set overnight. It allows to egg mixture to soak into the tortillas.
Here is step-by-step how to assemble and prepare these enchiladas.
- Cook the turkey breakfast sausage
- Add the diced pepper and onion
- Scoop cooked turkey sausage mixture into each tortilla shell, sprinkle with cheese, roll up and place into baking dish
- Beat eggs, milk and seasoning and pour over the rolled enchiladas
- Cover and place in the refrigerator over night
- In the morning, add cheese on top, bake and serve!
Turkey breakfast sausage adds so much flavor. I don’t recommend you ground beef. My friend Christina is going to make this for Christmas morning brunch with her family and she’s making a version with chorizo and I image that added a lot of spicy flavor too if you have room in your diet for the extra calories. Good luck Christina and let us know how it tastes!