Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread
Fruit and vegetable breads are my family’s favorite and they can not be made without chocolate chips. I had a few zucchinis and I thought I would branch out by making a new recipe. I found a few recipes online and tweaked this to make it my own. And let me tell you, it’s out of this world! I love sneaking veggies into delicious sugary foods. I suppose it counteracts the healthy factor, but I saved the zucchini from rotting and created a new favorite bread!
There is really just two steps.
- Add all the wet ingredients.
- Add all the dry ingredients.
- Add the zucchini and chocolate chips
Easy – Peezy!
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Pumpkin Spice (Trader Joe's) or Nutmeg
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 1 1/4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line two 9x5-inch loaf pans with parchment paper then grease the parchment paper with cooking spray.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine eggs, vegetable oil, sugar and vanilla extract and beat on low until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
3. Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and pumpkin spice and beat on low until combined. Fold in the grated zucchini and chocolate chips.
4. Divide the batter evenly between the two prepared pans and add chocolate chips on top. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Remove from oven and let them cool completely before removing from pan.
(Visited 10 times, 1 visits today)